Debit Card Fraud
Debit card fraud involves the unauthorized use of another person's card information to make purchases from their account or access their funds.
Card fraud occurs through a variety of channels, including online scams, data breaches and card or mail theft. Know how to defend yourself, and rest assured Lakestone Bank & Trust is continually monitoring for threats and suspicious activity through our Fraud Center.
Improved Fraud Center Notice
Lakestone Bank & Trust offers our Debit Card holders the protection of a Fraud Center. The Fraud Center works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to safeguard our customers’ accounts from fraudulent Debit Card activities. The Fraud Center will contact if there are irregularities in your debit card activities.
Please note the following changes (marked in bold) to how the Fraud Center will contact you if fraud is suspected on your Lakestone Bank & Trust debit card:
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automated email notification, with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.” Email message wording will be more concise.
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert, which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option.
- The Fraud Center will begin texting you 24 hours a day rather than 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 pm. This will allow for faster responses so you can get back to using your card right away.
- Text messages will identify Lakestone Bank & Trust, include the Fraud Center contact number and simplify the response required to confirm fraud or no fraud with just a YES or NO reply.
- SMS messages will provide you instructions should you wish to opt out of text messaging.
- If you don’t respond, then you will receive and automated phone call to confirm or deny fraud. The call will also give you the option to speak to a fraud analyst. You will have a new option within the auto-dialer to opt out of the voice channel for future contact at the specific phone number
Changes will be effective starting effective February 8, 2017.
The phone number for our Fraud Center is 800.417.4592. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it “Fraud Center,” it will display on your phone whenever you get a call from this number.
Remember the Fraud Center will never ask for your PIN or account number.
The Fraud Center will use email addresses and phone numbers you have on file with the Bank. It is important that you notify us of any changes to this information by going to a Lakestone Bank & Trust office or by calling customer service at 810.664.2977.
Outside the United States
For your security, your card will not work outside the United States. If you plan on travelling outside the country, stop by any office and speak with a customer service representative. Your account can be activated for foreign use for your specified days of travel.
Lost or Stolen Cards
If your debit card is lost or stolen, you should log in to Online Banking immediately, click on “Lost/Stolen Card,” and follow the instructions. You can also contact any of our offices to report a lost or stolen card. If the event occurs outside of normal banking hours or you do not have access to Online Banking call MasterCard® at 866.546.8273.
Credit Card Fraud
Credit Card fraud involves the unauthorized use of another person's card information to make purchases from their account or access their funds. Card fraud occurs through a variety of channels, including online scams, data breaches and card or mail theft.
Lost or Stolen Cards
If you have a missing credit card, report it immediately to The Independent BankersBank (TIB) 24-hour customer service number, 800.367.7576. This number is also printed on your monthly statements. TIB will cancel your card and send you a new one.
Unauthorized Charges on my Stolen Card
If your card is stolen, you're not liable for these charges. If you suspect your card has been stolen you should call TIB right away at 800.367.7576.