Access your account 24 hours a day, seven days a week with your Lakestone Debit MasterCard®. There are no per transaction charges when you use your card to make purchases and not only will you have your receipt, but each transaction will show up on your monthly statement.
You can use your Lakestone Debit Card anywhere you see the NYCE or CIRRUS logos to check your balance, make withdrawals and transfer funds between accounts linked to the card.
Owners of other ATMs (non-Lakestone Bank & Trust ATMs) may impose a transaction surcharge for processing your transaction; a notice of this is displayed on the ATM prior to completing you transaction.
Outside the United States
For your security, your card will not work outside the United States. If you plan on travelling outside the country, stop by any office and speak with a customer service representative. Your account can be activated for foreign use for your specified days of travel.
Lost or Stolen Cards
If your debit card is lost or stolen, you should log in to Online Banking immediately, click on “Lost/Stolen Card,” and follow the instructions. You can also contact any of our offices to report a lost or stolen card. If the event occurs outside of normal banking hours call the Fraud Center 866.546.8273.
Lakestone Bank & Trust offers our Debit Card holders the protection of a 24/7 Fraud Center. The Fraud Center safeguards our customers’ accounts from fraudulent debit card activities. They will contact you on our behalf if there are irregularities in your debit card activities.
How will you be contacted?
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automated email notification, with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.”
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert, which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option.
- If you don’t respond, then you will receive and automated phone call to confirm or deny fraud. The call will also give you the option to speak to a fraud analyst.
If at any time you attempt to use your debit card as a signature-based transaction and it does not work, then you may be able to use your debit card with your PIN. The Fraud Center will never ask for your debit card number.
If you receive a call claiming to be from the Fraud Center which is automated, or if it asks for your debit card number, hang up immediately. Fraud Center calls will always be made by a real person, and never ask you for your debit card number.
Monitor Your Debit Card with smsGuardian
smsGuardian is a service available to Lakestone debit card customers. This service monitors your debit card purchases with smsGuardian text alerts. When you sign up for smsGuardian, you will receive a text message when a transaction is made with your registered debit card for a charge greater than $200.00, more than 8 transactions made in a day or if the card was not present. If you authorized this transaction - you do nothing. If you did not - you reply with the code that is sent to you and you will be contacted by our Fraud Center for further review.
- An added layer of debit card monitoring where you are in control to help identify suspicious activity.
- The text alert comes right to you on your cell phone.
- If fraudulent activity is detected, you can respond to our text and you will be contacted by our Fraud Center for further review.
- Set a "Do Not Disturb" time frame and you will not receive texts during that time.
- You can cancel your smsGuardian Text Alert subscription anytime by replying "STOP."
- Texting "HELP" will get a text sent to you with a number to call for support.
- Enrollments are good for one year. You will be notified prior to the expiration date with the option to renew.
You must register your debit card(s):
- Click smsGuardian to sign up and register your debit cards.
- You will need your debit card number and postal zip code to register.
- View Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the cell number that you wish to receive the text message on - click submit.
- You will receive a code (Example: "start C3SDKG"), follow the on-screen directions to text your code and complete your enrollment.
You will receive a text verifying the enrollment is complete. Once you receive a message, we recommend that you save the number from which the message is received in your phone's contacts as "Lakestone Card Alerts" or something similar that you will recognize as a legitimate sender.