1) I opened my account at the Downtown Imlay City Office. Do I need to close it and reopen a new account at a different office?
A: No. There is no need for you to take any action. Your account number remains unchanged. All of our Lakestone Bank & Trust Offices stand ready to serve you.
2) My Safe Deposit Box is at the Downtown Imlay City Office. What will happen to it and what do I need to do?
A: We ask that you contact us regarding your Safe Deposit Box, as action is required. We do have Safe Deposit Boxes available at our other nearby offices if you choose to retain this service. Due to the inconvenience, we will refund the rental fee you paid for 2017 and also waive the charge through 2018.
3) The contents of my Safe Deposit Box are extremely valuable. What security will you have for me when I close out my Safe Deposit Box?
A: In this case, we would ask that you make an appointment for the closing and/or transferring of your Downtown Imlay CityOffice Safe Deposit Box, and we will request our local law enforcement to be onsite for this occurrence.
4) Will your ATM remain available at the Downtown Imlay City Office?
A:This decision is still not final yet. We are reviewing our options.
5) Why are you closing the Downtown Imlay City Office?
A: The merger of CSB Bank with Lapeer County Bank & Trust Co. resulted in two offices in the Imlay City area. The office located on M53 is just 1.2 miles from the Downtown Office.
6) What is the last day that the Downtown Imlay City Office will be open?
A: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 will be the last day that the Lakestone Bank & Trust Downtown Imlay City Office will be open for business. We will observe regular hours that day.
7) Is Lakestone Bank & Trust still strong and committed to the community?
A: Absolutely.The Bank is performing well. We have strong earnings, solid credit quality and positive trends. We have a strong team leading the Bank and look forward toworking with our customers in our communities and sharing in their success.
8) What will happen to the Downtown Imlay City Office building?
A:The plan is to list the building with a local Realtor and sell it.
9) Is Lakestone Bank considering any other Office closures?
A: No. We are not considering any other Office closures at this time. We are committed to serving the residents of Lapeer, St. Clair, Macomb and Sanilac counties and our remaining branch network is needed to meet that mission.